Explore Your Shore! on Facebook
- If you are confounded and befuddled by a plant or animal you have spotted on the seashore or coastline, why not post it on our Facebook Page (@ExploreYourShore) where the combined intellect of the internet can help you to get a positive ID before you send it to us via Seashore Spotter or one of our other surveys. (Please note that we cannot accept records via Facebook – so after you have received your ID – you will still need to send it to us via our web form).
Useful Guides to Intertidal Species
- Photographic guide to the sea and seashore life of Britain and north-west Europe by Gibson, R., Hextall, B. & Rogers, A., 2001. Publisher: Oxford University Press.
- Ireland’s Seashore: A Field Guide by Lucy Taylor & Emma Nickelsen. Publisher: The Collins Press
- Seaweeds of Britain and Ireland by Frances StP D Bunker, Juliet A Brodie, Christine A Maggs & Anne R Bunker. Publisher: Wild Nature Press.
- The Essential Guide to Beachcombing and the Strandline by Steve Trewhella & Julie Hatcher. Publisher: Wild Nature Press.
Species Identification Web Links
- The Seaweed Site: information on marine algae – a great site for all you need to know about Irish Seaweeds.